Monday, May 28, 2012

My Green Smoothie Base

I love green smoothies.  I buy them pre-made ALL THE TIME.  I figured I should be able to do something similar at home.  I went to the market and was overwhelmed in the produce section.  If I don't have a list with me I get sensory overload lol.  I forgot my list at home, but remembered a couple ingredients and then got creative with others.  Everything is organic.  Here is what I used:

4 kale leaves, chopped
1 cup of parsley, chopped
1 bosc pear, chopped
1 kiwi
1 red bell pepper, chopped
2 cups of water

I put the kale, parsley and water into the blender and set to liquefy.
Then I added the pear and kiwi.
Next I added the bell pepper.
Then I transferred to a plastic container.  I added a couple of drops of lemon juice to the container, too.

So that is my green smoothie base!

Here is the smoothie I made with it after:
It was really yummy and had a nice kick to it!  I can't wait to get a juicer, because the only thing I didn't like was the bits of bell pepper skin.  I will be having this every morning!

For this I used:
1/2 cup smoothie base
1/2 cup orange juice
1/4 cup frozen blueberries
1 frozen banana
1 cube frozen crushed garlic
1 cube frozen crushed ginger
2 tablespoons flax seed meal
1 serving whey protein powder
1 tablespoon chia seed
2 tablespoons local honey








No comments:

Post a Comment