Sunday, May 20, 2012

My First 3-Strand Twist Attempt

I don't get great results with 2-strand twists.  When I take them out it just looks like I did a wash & go.  In the natural hair group I am in on Facebook I saw that someone did a 3-strand twist out and it looked dope!  So I decided to give it a go.  I am usually kind of lazy when it comes to styling, but my hair retains moisture more when it is twisted or braided.  Here is the regimen I used before twisting:


I deep conditioned using raw shea butter.  This was my first time using shea butter as a DC and my hair seemed to like it.  I just softened it in the microwave for a few seconds, worked it through my hair and wrapped it with plastic wrap.
Then I washed with Shea Moisture's Argan Oil & Raw Shea Butter bar soap and conditioned with One 'n Only Argan Oil Moisture Repair Conditioner.  I only had a sample of the conditioner.  The fragrance was pretty strong, but it made detangling a snap.

Here is my hair after detangling:
Here is my hair after using my ACV rinse:
Then I used my Turbie Twist hair towel while I dry myself and get dressed to absorb some of the excess ACV rinse.  I don't rinse the ACV out.
Next I used kynx i am Fierce Refreshing Leave In Moisturizer and didn't care for it and found nothing moisturizing about it AT ALL.  This is what my hair looked like after using it.
Since I didn't like the kynx product I added Sof 'N Free Curl Wake Up Spray and I really REALLY like it. A LOT!
I combed Sof 'N Free Curl Sealer through small sections before twisting:

Here is the tutorial video on 3-strand twists that I used:
http://youtu.be/lS71kyJTOOQ

Here are my 3-strand twists and one that I took out the next day:

Also, after I twisted I used my shea & oil mix on the ends to seal them well.

I can't wait to take the rest out tomorrow!  I am loving the definition and I never would have gotten those results with 2-strand twists.  Also, my twists didn't unravel like the usually do with 2-strand twists.  I will upload pictures when I take the rest out.  I hope you give it a try too!




So.... my hair got damp from the shower and became a bit frizzy, but I still L-O-V-E the definition!!!  Here are some pics:





No comments:

Post a Comment